FAQs, Policies & Procedures
Venue tours are by appointment only. Please contact Graham Ervin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-793-4103 to schedule your visit.
View our rental rates here. Room rental fees include use of the Riley Park Club and for five (5) hours of event time. Set-up and tear-down times will be determined based on the needs of your event. Additional event hours are charged at $500 per hour.
The following in-house rentals are included in the room rental fee:
- In-house rental items:
- (18) 60” round tables
- (214) Chiavari chairs
- (7) 10’ rectangular tables
- (4) 6’ rectangular tables
- (9) 36” tall cocktail tables
- (33) drink rail bar stools and (36) backless cocktail table stools
- Game Day lounge furniture is available to rent in-house:
- (3) sofas, (12) armchairs, (3) coffee tables
Use of a licensed professional wedding/event/meeting planner is required to ensure proper care and use of the Riley Park Club and its facilities. This coordinator may not be someone who is a guest at the function.
Clients who fail to obtain a professional event coordinator will pay a 30% surcharge on the total event invoice (this includes coordination of rental and linen orders, design, décor or drafting floor plans, etc. by Riley Park Club staff).
A meeting with a management representative is mandatory to discuss presentation, floor plans, rentals, timelines and vendors thirty (30) days prior to the event. Upon completion of the event, a walk through with an on-site management representative is required to assess any possible damages or excessive clean-up that may have occurred during the event.
- Upon execution of the venue contract, 50% of the private event fee (non-refundable) plus $1,000 damage deposit (refundable post event) must be submitted in the form of a check made out to Mercantile and Mash.
- The second scheduled deposit, due thirty (30) days prior to the event date, will require the client to pay the remaining balance of the private event fee plus 50% of the estimated event charges.
- Final guest count is due one (1) week prior to the event. Final payment is due three (3) days prior to the event.
- All deposits and payments are subject to the terms and conditions under the cancellation clause.
- A 4% processing fee applies to all credit card transactions.
Food + Beverage:
Mercantile and Mash is the exclusive caterer for the venue. Approved outside dessert and wedding cake vendors are allowed to provide cakes for special events.
Parking + Transportation:
Guests may park in the Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park parking lot. This lot has 165 parking spaces and additional parking is also available in the surrounding areas.
All vendor trucks and staff working the event are required to park in a remote lot. Mercantile and Mash, the Charleston RiverDogs, nor the City of Charleston are responsible for cars left overnight in the Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park parking lot.
Set-up, Breakdown + Decorations:
- All vendors must load-in and out of the parking lot at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Use of the elevator must be approved by the on-site venue manager.
- All rental items must be removed the day of the event. Any trash or rentals left past this time will be subject to a cleaning/removal fee at the client’s expense.
- The following equipment and services are not provided as part of the private event fee: permits/licenses, chair cushions, floral, staging, additional lighting, ticketing, programs, or drapery.
- Sparklers, fireworks, wishing lanterns, smoke machines or any kind of pyrotechnics inside the space are prohibited. Groups are permitted to use sparklers outside the building will be subject to a $250 clean up fee if debris is not cleaned up after the event. Planners should provide vessels to collect used sparklers.
- Staples, nails and tacks may not be used anywhere on the property. (Tape may be used, but must be completely removed during breakdown.)
- Absolutely no glitter, confetti, birdseed, balloons or wish lanterns may be used inside the Riley Park Club.
- Candles may be used, but must be inside a votive. No taper candles or candelabras are allowed.
- Smoking indoors and at the front entrance is strictly prohibited.
- All stage and dance floor pieces are required to be 4’x4’ squares.
- A final walk through will be conducted with a venue manager at the end of the event with a checklist to ensure proper clean up of the space is complete. The event planner is required to stay for the entire event and final inspection. Failure to do so will result in full forfeiture of the client’s security deposit.
- For all evening events, a security guard must be present to ensure the safety of your guests and the venue. Security guards are added at the client’s expense. Security must be scheduled for the duration of the event and must be present until the last guest leaves. The Riley Park Club reserves the right to require additional security if the event (private or public) is deemed to be high risk.
- The Riley Park Club reserves the right to inspect and control all private event spaces. Liability for damage to the premise is charged accordingly. The Riley Park Club, in addition to Mercantile and Mash, and the Charleston RiverDogs, does not assume responsibility for personal property or equipment brought into the private event space(s), regardless if those rooms are secured by personnel from your organization or the venue management. Clients will be held responsible for all damage to any persons or property, on or about the Riley Park Club, which results from actions of the clients and their guests.